Navigation

Home  |  Archives  |  Blogroll  |  Flickr  |  Mastheads  |  RSS  |  Tags  |  VPL (My Job)  |  Web Cam  |  YouTube

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Does Not Compute....

This is your modem:



This is your modem on drugs:


A brief photographic history of computing @ SFU.

There is tons of info out there about the history of computers, with many amusing images. I like this one (for image content - NOT page design).

My personal computer history runs about 20 years. That doesn't seem that long, until I watch this:



That was my first computer. No hard drive, so I stored my documents on this:


First lesson learned. Do not put computer storage cassettes in your car stereo. It's like listening to a fax tone set to 11.

Still waiting for some sort of direct neural interface. Think of all the rsi issues it would solve.

We still have a looonnnngggg way to go.

No comments: