Navigation

Home  |  Archives  |  Blogroll  |  Flickr  |  Mastheads  |  RSS  |  Tags  |  VPL (My Job)  |  Web Cam  |  YouTube

Monday, December 03, 2007

A Century In Video - 1913

During the 1913 California State Fair a couple of locomotives were launched towards each other (on the same track) going 90 miles per hour.

I guess they wanted to see what would happen, the best reason to try anything I think.

Well what happened is they broke the trains.



There is a longer version on the Internet Archive courtesy of the Preminger Archives (For some reason I couldn't successfully embed the 2nd video)

I could imagine that if someone was on one of those trains (with a video camera from the future), it would have looked a bit like this:



The only info I can find informs me that this is a BNSF accident due to a switching error. The worst injury was a broken leg. I think the video camera died though.

If you look closely you'll see someone jump from the oncoming train at -24 seconds. I guess that who got the broken leg.

God I'm chipper tonight.

Ok. Fine. Have some cute. Seven minutes, 41 seconds of Cute Knut



Happy?

No comments: