Navigation

Home  |  Archives  |  Blogroll  |  Flickr  |  Mastheads  |  RSS  |  Tags  |  VPL (My Job)  |  Web Cam  |  YouTube

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Olympic Cuteness

Now this is an Olympic mascot.

I have no love at all for these guys.



I don't find them cute or interesting, just a little embarrassing. Of course if you know me, you know I generally hate mascots. Heck, I love Disneyland, but won't go near Micky or his minion.

Completely non PC side note. Can we stop feeling collectively guilty over injustices against First Nations people and not give everything we do a native theme or component? For example I was pretty sure that Chinese New Year was about Chinese culture, but apparently not.


As usual I used Wikipedia (motto: the guilty secret of library staff since 1842) for my "research", and I think I discovered the bestest mascot ever.

Introducing Fatso the Fat-Arsed Wombat.



Dude!
Another side note. I don't plan to write a lot about the Olympics because most of it bores me. But then again, it is an easy topic, so you never know.

No comments: