Navigation

Home  |  Archives  |  Blogroll  |  Flickr  |  Mastheads  |  RSS  |  Tags  |  VPL (My Job)  |  Web Cam  |  YouTube

Friday, April 13, 2007

Nothing But The Original For Me?

Generally song remakes suck! It's pretty rare that a cover is better than (or even as good as) the original. And there are plenty of people that agree with me. Just have a look at this site: Second Hand Songs, or this even better one: The 20 worst cover songs in pop music history.

But I found an exception.

You may be familiar with this because the remake was used for a commercial for the video game "Gears of War". For me the remake blows the original out of the water. It's weird because I actually really like Tears for Fears and before this song had never heard of Gary Jules.

Well here are the two videos, you decide.

Mad World

Original by Tears for Fears



Cover by Gary Jules

No comments: