Navigation

Home  |  Archives  |  Blogroll  |  Flickr  |  Mastheads  |  RSS  |  Tags  |  VPL (My Job)  |  Web Cam  |  YouTube

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Century In Video - 1911


I don't watch a lot of sports on TV. In general I could give two crapolas about sports.

I do watch some of the winter Olympic events though. Such as skiing and bobsledding, (for the spectacular accident potential), and skating.

I watch most of the figure skating except ice dancing. Don't get me started on ice dancing. Either skate, or dance - pick one!

I found this video on Ulrich Salchow the creator of the Salchow jump

This video shows him demonstrating his self named jump for an audience in 1911.



Mr. Salchow won the first gold medal for skating during the summer 1908 Olympic Games (There wasn't separate winter games until 1924).

No comments: